The School of Nursing (SoN) offers two Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Programs, the Traditional BSN Program and Accelerated BSN Program. The Traditional BSN Program is 24 months in length (Fall & Spring semesters only) and is designed for individuals with no previous nursing education or experience. The Accelerated BSN Program is 15 months in length and moves at a faster pace than the Traditional BSN program. Additionally, to be considered eligible for the Accelerated BSN Program, applicants must currently hold or attain a non-nursing baccalaureate degree prior to the start of the nursing program.
Traditional and Accelerated BSN Admission Criteria
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Minimum 3.0 math/science GPA (based on required math and science courses only)
- Minimum 65 cumulative score on the TEAS Version 5.0 Exam. Visit ATI for more information. Please note, the examination must be taken prior to the application deadline and may only be taken once per admission cycle. Admitted students who score below 70 on the reading portion of the TEAS V examination will be required to participate in a reading intervention program sponsored through the School of Nursing Student Success Center.
- Complete all required math and science courses by the application deadline.
- Complete the required prerequisite courses. Applicants who do not hold a baccalaureate degree will need to complete 51 of the 60 semester hours of required prerequisite courses prior to the applicaitno deadline. For a list of required courses, click here
- Submit an application via NursingCAS, the Centralized Application Service for Nursing Programs
- Submit official transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution attended to NursingCAS
- International applicants are required to submit the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores prior to the application deadline. International applicants who have attended a foreign university are also required to submit an official foreign credentialing evaluation from an approved Foreign Credentialing Service.
To view specific step-by-step application instructions, please click here
|Accelerated BSN May Entry||December 15|
|Traditional BSN Spring Entry||August 1|
|Traditional BSN Fall Entry||February 1|
Admission Decisions are Based On:
- TEAs Cumulative Score
- Science & Math GPA
- Cumulative GPA
- Application Questions
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Fall 2015
- Accelerated BSN Student Profile, May 2015
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Spring 2015
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Fall 2014
- Accelerated BSN Student Profile, Summer 2014
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Spring 2014
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Fall 2013
- Accelerated BSN Student Profile, Summer 2013
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Spring 2013
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Fall 2012
- Accelerated BSN Student Profile, Summer 2012
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Spring 2012
- Accelerated BSN Student Profile, Summer 2011