The School of Nursing (SoN) offers two Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Programs, the Traditional BSN Program and Accelerated BSN Program. The Traditional BSN Program is 24 months in length (Fall & Spring semesters only) and is designed for individuals with no previous nursing education or experience. The Accelerated BSN Program is 15 months in length and moves at a faster pace than the Traditional BSN program. Additionally, to be considered eligible for the Accelerated BSN Program, applicants must currently hold or attain a non-nursing baccalaureate degree prior to the start of the nursing program.
**NOTICE: Beginning January 2016, to be considered for admission, applicants to the Traditional and Accelerated BSN Programs must receive a minimum cumulative score of 65 on the TEAS V examination. Admitted students who score below 70 on the reading portion of the TEAS V examination will be required to participate in a reading intervention program sponsored through the School of Nursing Student Success Center.**
Traditional and Accelerated BSN Admission Criteria
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Minimum 3.0 math/science GPA (based on the required math and science courses only)
- All math and science courses must be completed prior to the application deadline
- Complete the required prerequisite courses. Applicants who do not hold a baccalaureate degree will need to complete 51 of the 60 semester hours of prerequisite courses prior to the application deadline. For a list of required courses, click here
- Submit an application via NursingCAS, the Centralized Application Service for Nursing Programs
- Take the TEAS Version 5.0 Exam. Visit ATI for more information. Please note, the examination must be taken prior to the application deadline and may only be taken once per application cycle.
- Submit official transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution attended to NursingCAS.
- International applicants are required to submit the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores prior to the application deadline.
To view specific step-by-step application instructions, please click here
|Accelerated BSN May Entry||December 15|
|Traditional BSN Spring Entry||August 1|
|Traditional BSN Fall Entry||February 1|
Admission Decisions are Based On:
- TEAs Cumulative Score
- Science & Math GPA
- Cumulative GPA
- Application Questions
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Fall 2014
- Accelerated BSN Student Profile, Summer 2014
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Spring 2014
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Fall 2013
- Accelerated BSN Student Profile, Summer 2013
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Spring 2013
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Fall 2012
- Accelerated BSN Student Profile, Summer 2012
- Traditional BSN Student Profile, Spring 2012
- Accelerated BSN Student Profile, Summer 2011