Strategic InitiativesA Cutting-Edge Technological Environment:
- Innovative educational environment that boasts student and faculty interaction and "hands on" teaching methods
- A state-of-the-art center equipped with simulated technology that will prepare our students to practice in today’s complex healthcare settings
- Critical Care Learning Laboratories for students to master complex clinical competencies and life-saving techniques before entering the clinical environment
- During a time when the nursing shortage is escalating, we are educating the future nursing leaders in “Magnet-Like Work Environments” so that they may be the role models of tomorrow.
A Tradition of Excellence in Research and Scholarship:
- Striving to be the model for the integration of health promotion, research, education and practice.
- Exploring new approaches to promote health, discovering new methods to alleviate pain, and providing comfort to those in need.
- Studying lifestyles that impact disease prevention and wellness and evaluating improvements in clinical setting to maximize nursing care.
- Engaging students through our Teaching and Research Scholars Program
- This program is a designed to grow our future educators and researchers by developing a mentoring relationship between faculty, students and collaborating partners. Students at all levels (undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral) will be provided with exposure to and exploration of knowledge building through research.
An Increase in Undergraduate and Graduate Nursing
One of our biggest concerns is the level of indebtedness incurred by our nursing students. Our focus is finding innovative ways of financing their tuition so nursing graduates do not come out of nursing school with the burden of scholastic debt.
Make a gift.
- Undergraduate Nursing Scholarships
- Graduate Nursing Scholarships
- Doctoral Nursing Scholarship
A Commitment to Community Outreach and Clinical Care:
- The UT Nursing Clinical Enterprise is focused on practice opportunities for our faculty and students. Its vision is to create an accessible, caring, high quality, culturally proficient, and effective health care delivery system for individuals, families and communities.
- Services include the UT Health Science Center San Antonio Student Health Center and Employee Health and Wellness Center, as well as services in focused on chronic disease management, behavioral health, underserved populations, and a wide range of global healthcare initiatives.
- Last year, our undergraduate and graduate nursing students provided over $6 million of uncompensated health care services to over 100,000 people in the San Antonio area.