School of Nursing : About Us : Mission, Values, and Vision
Mission, Values & Vision
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Nursing acts as an integral part of the healthcare team to promote excellent healthcare as an act of social justice for individuals and their diverse communities through education, research, practice and community engagement.
Our Core Values
- Ethics and Accountability- We believe physical, mental and social well-being is enhanced with high professional standards, by honoring the dignity of others, and through accountability for our actions.
- Diversity and Excellence- We believe excellent health care is a right of every person.
- Innovation- We believe in innovation to deliver leading edge health care, education, research, and community service.
- Education-We believe education is a lifelong process based on mutual teaching, learning, and research that ultimately makes life better for those we serve.
- Leadership-We believe through our leadership we can educate organizations and within our communities to adopt practices and policies that promote health.
- Health- We believe in the power of professional nurses to improve the health status of people here and abroad.
- Inter-professional Collaboration- We believe in the power of inter-professional collaboration to improve health outcomes.
We engage with our diverse students and communities to produce the future nursing leaders who will impact local and global health and lead the transformation of health care to make lives better through education, research, practice and community engagement.