School of Nursing : About Us : Mission, Values, and Vision
Mission, Values & Vision
We make lives better by promoting health as an act of social justice.
Our Core Values
- Ethics and Accountability- We believe physical, mental and social well-being is enhanced with high professional standards, by honoring the dignity of others, and through accountability for our actions.
- Diversity and Excellence- We believe excellent health care is a right of every person.
- Innovation- We believe in innovation to deliver leading edge health care, education, research, and community service.
- Education-We believe education is a lifelong process based on mutual teaching, learning, and research that ultimately makes life better for those we serve.
- Leadership-We believe through our leadership we can educate organizations and within our communities to adopt practices and policies that promote health.
- Health- We believe in the power of professional nurses to improve the health status of people here and abroad.
- Inter-professional Collaboration- We believe in the power of inter-professional collaboration to improve health outcomes.
We develop diverse nurse leaders to improve health and health care, through education, research, practice, and community engagement.